Diatomaceous Earth (D.E.)
Codex Grade Diatomaceous Earth is an eco-friendly, naturally organic material that is an EU approved feed additive (Silicon Dioxide) E551C and has been used for over 25 years for controlling both internal and external parasites. Parasites do not build immunity to DE as they do with traditional chemical wormers.
DE is made from unicellular algae-like fossilised water plants called diatoms, these have been around since prehistoric times and are mined and finely ground. The best quality DE comes from inland freshwater deposits, the DE supplied to us has been mined from the Himalayan/Indus Valley region of India. The active ingredient in DE is silica and only Food Grade DE can be ingested, the DE we have has an average silica content of 91-92%. Besides having a very high silica content it also contains about 15 trace minerals which are essential to our well-being. DE is particularly beneficial for growing youngsters.
There are numerous benefits from taking DE on a daily basis. It can be taken daily by humans, dogs, cats, poultry and farm animals for eliminating worms and as a general supplement.
Other benefits include:
- replenishing cells with depleted silica (essential for bones, tendons, skin, cartilage and blood vessels)
- regulating bowel movements
- cleansing the colon
- improving urinary health (diuretic and cures infections of the urinary tract)
- improving joint mobility
- reducing arthritis pain
- improving the respiratory tract
- strengthening teeth, gums, hair and nails
- reducing blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- increasing energy levels
- helps keep the immune system stronger and healthier
- DE is a natural detoxifier and as it goes through the system it attracts and absorbs: bacteria, fungi, protozoa, viruses, endotoxins, pesticides, drug residues, E-Coli and heavy metals.
- remove parasites (mites, fleas etc.) by rubbing into the skin/hair/feathers
- clear dandruff
- remove the sting from insect bites and skin irritations
- relieve burns including sunburn